Core Education offers basic training itself. Just simple basic knowledge.
In this course you will learn, in more detail, about the principles (high availability and virtualizations) used in hardware such as servers; interconnect devices and storage enclosures. Discussed will be concepts such as RAID and SCSI as well as concepts such as Fibre Channel technology and topology. Design aspects will be explained which enables you to make the right choose of infrastructure (DAS; NAS; SAN; IP SAN). Multi-vendor storage equipment will be used as a practical demonstration of how storage fundamentals can be implemented.
– Hard disk fundamentals (IDE; SCSI; SAS; SATA)
– SCSI principles and implementation
– RAID technology and implementation
– Fibre Channel principles
– DAS – NAS – SAN concepts
– iSCSI concepts
– SAN switches (topology; zoning).
– Switch basic knowledge
– Storage and operation systems
– Backup strategies
– Backup technologies
In this course the target is to achieve a global overview on all topics that you might encounter when considering extending your IT-infrastructure. The relation will be made between your operational requirements and the benefits SAN solutions will have for your company. On the last day cases will be used as sample SAN configurations from a multi vendor point of view..
You will learn which elements of your ICT infrastructure are important for the continuity of your business operations. This new knowledge enables you to stay in control of these important elements even when you have or are about to outsource the maintenance of your ICT environment. An important item, Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), offers tools for your organisation to check which information is relevant and how it needs to be retained.
– Information Lifecycle Management
– Information classification
– Manage your data and anticipate the yearly data growth
– Determine the form in which data must be presented / stored
– Select the retention periods for all data types
– What do you need to do with the information when it is no longer needed .
– What does your management need to know of IT infrastructures to be able to
u00a0 negotiate with HP’s/IBM’s/EMC’s sales managers.u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0u00a0
– Determine the cost of downtime to be able to assess how important disaster
u00a0 recovery procedures are for your organization